Sep 15, 2013

Green Tomato Pachadi Andhra Style


One of my friends suggested that I should try a chutney using green tomatoes. Until then I had never really used green tomatoes to cook and I wasnt sure of the taste either. But having once tried the chutney I promptly bought more of it and made it again the next week. Its going to be one of my go to chutneys since its easy to put together and less on fat.
Green tomatoes impart a very tangy flavour which needs to be balanced. I used fenugreek seeds for that reason.

Green Tomato Pachadi Andhra Style

Servings: 1 cup
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 30 mins (including cooling time)

Ingredients

1 Big sized Green tomato
1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
2 tsp Urad dal
3 Green chillies
2 Red chillies
4 tsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
Few Curry leaves
Salt to taste

Instructions


  1. Heat 3 tsp oil in a heavy bottomed vessel or wok. 
  2. Add the fenugreek seeds and urad dal and fry till the urad dal gets lightly browned
  3. To this add the cut tomatoes, salt, green chillies and red chillies and saute till the tomatoes turn mushy.
  4. Once cooled, grind the cooked tomatoes but not to a fine paste. 
  5. Temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...